Tukda – A Morsel of Health is an Indian food catering company that caters office lunches through drop-off catering and simple set-up, provides to-go meals in departmental stores and participates as a regular food vendor in multiple food festivals throughout the year.
As Tukda is growing, we
are seeking a part-time cook / multitasker to handle end-to-end
responsibilities from grocery shopping, to cooking in the commercial kitchen to
making deliveries for catering orders.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves working in the food space, knows and loves cooking, is innovative and wants to learn and share ideas in a growing catering company.
Part-Time Cook and Multitasker
Role and Responsibilities
1. Work in a commercial kitchen with a small team to carry out cooking, primarily Indian food. Team will assist in prep-work, cleaning. Tasks will also include making multiple food items, packing, deliveries and grocery hauls based on catering requirements
2. Grocery hauls once/twice a week depending upon the catering orders during the week
3. Delivering and setting-up food to the catering locations and departmental stores
4. Participate in food festivals as a core representative of Tukda and act as a face taking orders from the customers, indulging in conversations with the prospective customers and trying to generate sales. The food festival days are intense and require not only heavy lifting sometimes up-to 50 lbs but also commitment in terms of coming early in the morning and staying up late.
5. Potential opportunity for acting as a farmers' market rep for Tukda. Details to be provided once markets are won
1. The candidate must know cooking. Preference will be given to a candidate who knows Indian-style cooking
2. The candidate must have a car and a valid California driving license
3. Must be responsible, punctual, committed and enthusiastic. Food businesses need a lot of physical strength and thus emitting positivity is important and required
4. Must be able to work in teams as well as individually and carry out operational tasks with diligence
5. Must be able to clearly communicate in English
6. Food certification preferred but not required (must be willing to undergo training for food
certification upon hiring if not already certified)
7. This job needs lifting, hauling or moving of up to 50 lbs of weight
8. Must have flexibility in work timings. Part time hours will be 15-20 hours a week, mostly between 8 AM to 12 PM on a regular basis, but may vary based on catering needs.
9. Hourly rate is negotiable and mileage will be provided based on California law