Hindu Society of Minnesota's 15th Anniversary & Gundicha Mandir inauguration celebration will be held on Friday June 11th, Saturday June 12th, and Sunday June 13th. The three days are packed with religious events, but here are some key highlights:
Friday June 11th
9:30AM to 11:30AM - Maha Ganapati Homam (upstairs temple hall)
- Homam is performed to pray to Lord Ganesha for the blessings so the celebration can continue without any obstacles.
- LUNCH: Chhapan Bhog
5PM to 8PM - Sankalpam & Rakshabandanam (upstairs temple hall)
- All sponsors are requested to be present at this time. Please sponsor and be apart of this auspicious time. There are several levels of sponsorship available (see below).
- DINNER: Vibrant Gujarat
Saturday June 12th
9AM to 12:30PM - Homams (outside tent)
- Priests will perform several Homams this morning in the Yagashala (Sri Narasimha Homa, Sudharshana Homa, Jagannadha Homa and few other Homams), all performed for the welfare of the community.
- LUNCH: Andhra Aroma
4PM to 6:30 PM - Procession with Deepam (108 women needed)
- Please come participate in the procession! Dressed in red sarees, women will carry a Deepam, along with the Dawaja (Flag), from the Main Temple to the new Gundicha Mandir
- After the flag is hoisted to the top of the Gopuram, women will enter the Gundicha Mandir with Deepam & place it in the designated area.
- We request 108 women to come and seek blessings of Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra, and Subhadra.
6:45pm-9pm - Neel Kamal Cultural Show (Auditorium)
- HSMN's FREE Anniversary cultural event, "Neel Kamal", will showcase spectacular classical dance performances (see below)
- DINNER: Delhi Chaat
Sunday June 13th
9AM to 1PM - Grand Finale!
- The priests will carry the Kalashams from the Yagashala, in a procession to the Gundicha Mandir along with the devotees.
- Priests will sprinkle holy water on top of the Gopuram (11:30AM to noon), followed by a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Gundicha Mandir.
- LUNCH: Sher-E-Punjab