* 1 1/2 liter - Water
* 1 1/2 cups - Sugar
* 1 cup - Milk
* 1 tbsp - Almonds
* 1 tbsp - Watermelon/Cantaloupe seeds (dried and skinned)
* 1/2 tbsp - Poppy seeds
* 1/2 tbsp - Aniseed
* 1/2 tsp - Cardamom powder
* 1 tsp - Peppercorns (whole)
* 1/4 cup - Dried or fresh rose petals (Gulkand variety)
* Soak sugar in 1/2 liter of water and all other dry ingredients in 2 cups of water for at least 2 hours.
* Grind all soaked ingredients (not sugar) to a very fine paste.
* Mix remaining water to the paste and strain it using a strong muslin strainer to extract the liquid into a vessel until the residue becomes dry.
* Add milk and sugar to the extracted liquid.
* Mix the cardamom powder in the milk.
* Chill for an hour of two before serving.
* Makes about 8 glasses.
Note:The seeds give the taste of thandai...